GIVING TUESDAY ISSUE
This week’s Good News from the Resistance: We hope you had a happy Thanksgiving, and that your 45-supporting relatives kept quiet, were willing to engage in fact-based conversations, or stayed home. Topping our Thanksgiving gratitude list at Good News are the millions of Americans who joined the Resistance and sent emails and postcards, made calls, marched in protests, and showed up at Town Halls. Thank you.
Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, how will you celebrate Giving Tuesday, November 28, the day people across the world donate their time, money, and/or voice to help others? We have a few suggestions: Please consider giving to one of the thousands of non-profit organizations that jumped to action the moment 45 was elected – organizations that continue to defend the rights of immigrants and refugees, to save the environment, to provide access to affordable education and healthcare, to investigate and report on crooked policies and politicians, to shine the light on rigged tax policies, and to level the playing field for the most vulnerable among us.
To give locally, enter your zip code to find a list of organizations near you that are worthy of a Giving Tuesday gift. Or, give to one of our favorite national organizations that are working on behalf of all Americans:
- ACLU: Defending our rights in the courts and influencing legislation.
- Southern Poverty Law Center: Fighting hate, teaching tolerance, and seeking justice.
- ProPublica:Using investigative journalism to spotlight abuses of power and wrongdoing.
- Indivisible: Fueling a grassroots network of local groups to resist 45’s Agenda.
- United we Dream:Organizing and advocating for the dignity and fair treatment of immigrant youth and families.
- Sierra Club:Protecting the planet from 45 and his administration.
- National Head Start Association: Giving vulnerable children the opportunity to succeed.
Sign Up. Show Up. Never Give Up.