Good News from the Resistance: The first Resistance Acts we covered in Good News (a lifetime ago, 2017) took place at GOP Town Halls, where, thanks in large part to Indivisible, our favorite Resistance start-up, swarming crowds, clever signs, and combative questions became the new normal. Oh, how far we’ve come. Today, there are as many ways to resist as there are our National Embarrassment’s lies. Resisters continue to up their game, using their positions and unique skills to say, hell no. Welcome to This is how to resist if, a collection of our recent favorite resistance actions.
This is how to resist if: you are the secretary-general of NATO; you’re a nun who cares about the Earth; you’re a Californian who loves cows and hates Devin Nunes (R-CA); you like throwing water balloons or baking pies; you are a law school professor who’s good at drawing cartoons; if you are Yo-Yo Ma or a trucker from Illinois.
This is how to resist if: you are a 3rd-grader questioning what you’re being taught; you’re a 7-year old who loves sea turtles; you are pop star Taylor Swift or a hipster indy band; you’re a judge who believes citizenship questions do not belong on the U.S. Census, oil companies do not belong in the Arctic, and children belong with their parents.
Thanks to our Bully-in-Chief, resistance is easier than ever – now, all you need to do is be kind.
This is how to resist with kindness if: you own a 7-11; you are retiring basketball star Dwyane Wade or country music star Brad Paisley; you go to Pike County Elementary School in Georgia or you live in Arcata, California.
This is how we know Resistance works: Take a look at the hit Uber’s app took; see who’s running all three network TV morning shows; calculate how much Susan Collins‘ post-Kavanaugh campaign coffers have suffered.
Yes, there’s even more Good News from the Resistance:
- Learn why Beyonce walked out on Reebok
- Root for this 28-year old Texas judge
- Read these instructions on how to keep your parents from watching Fox TV
- Smile when you see this castle in the desert for asylum-seekers
- Know that there are finally enough female Democrats in Congress for a Caucus
- Wonder where else these tree-planting drones could work
- Be grateful that Motel 6 got caught, and is paying for its sins
- Clap for yet another Trump-supporting district flipping in a Special Election
- Congratulate Austin for building this village for people without homes
- Take Action: Read the letter to C.E.O.’s and sign the petition to keep Trump Administration officials responsible for family separation off of corporate boards.
Sign Up. Show Up. Never Give Up.