Good News from the Resistance: This week we’re chuckling over our Tweeter-in-Chief’s obsession with the size of Obama’s Twitter base: the former President’s is bigger than his. In an effort to pull ahead of his nemesis, our National Tweeter used most of last week’s White House sit-down with Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey to whine about his follower numbers falling. Dorsey did his best to explain to the Numbskull that Twitter periodically deletes “followers” that are bots and spam. The idea of “fake” followers, of course, made little sense to our Narcissist-in-Chief, because by his own assessment, “I’m so much better at Twitter than Obama is.”
Note to readers: Follow Obama on Twitter. Now.
Also in tech-related Good News … Freshmen Congressional Democrats continue to rake in cash, thanks in large part to donors who are keeping up with a habit they started during the 2018 midterms – giving through ActBlue, an online small-dollar fundraising platform; the dating site Tinder just made it more difficult for George Zimmerman (the racist who killed Trayvon Martin) to get hooked up, when it kicked him off the site for lying in his profile (he’s also banned from Bumble); when Cruella DeVos banned high school journalists from a community meeting — in their community, the editorial they wrote about it went viral (turning it into a national story covered by the Washington Post and USA Today), as did a photo of a Muslim woman smiling in front of sorry old white dudes protesting outside of the Islamic Circle of North America convention in D.C., demonstrating once again that Love Trumps Hate.
Yes, there’s even more Good News from the Resistance:
- Learn why Jared will probably skip his 15-year Harvard reunion
- Root for Oliver North to challenge Wayne LaPierre to a duel
- Watch this video introducing Cecile Richards’ new female-centric organization
- Read a white cop-black driver story that ends well
- Smile when you learn who Johnny Cash is knocking off his pedestal
- Know that She the People will hold every Democratic candidate accountable
- Wonder what’s buried in Deutsche Bank’s records?
- Be grateful that GOP Senators in S.C. are on the right side of this one
- Clap for the 2019 National Teacher of the Year … and his incarcerated students
- Buy these (recycled) guns
- Take Action: Take the 2020 pledge
Sign Up. Show Up. Never Give Up.