This week’s Good News from the Resistance: This could possibly be the worst week yet. Yes, there is plenty of Good News, but before getting to that, please take a moment to reflect upon the words of one of our wise friends, Dolly Chugh, written after the ugliness that occurred in Charlottesville:
If you are ending the day scared, I am with you.
If you are ending the day surprised, I am begging you to not write today off as a one-off.
If you are ending the day not having heard anyone in your community talk about what is happening in America (not just VA), I hope you will start that conversation tomorrow.
If you are ending the day unclear on what I am talking about, I want you to know that now is the time to tune in and take a stand. If you love America, regardless of who you voted for, now is the time.
Amidst all of the ugliness that happened this week, good people continued to resist hatred, and good people everywhere – in government agencies, in art galleries, in Congress, in the courts, and in our cities, continued to fight back and refuse to give up or give in. In this week’s Good News from the Resistance:
- A musician’s moving response to Charlottesville
- 45-loving district in Iowa is Blue
- Government resisters abound
- Enormous chicken flies over White House
- 45’s plans to make life hell for government employees stalls
- Lady Liberty in hajib graces walls of Congress
- Under-the-radar lawsuit against 45 ready to launch
- People who make a difference: Business incubator for immigrants
- Take action: What you can do about Charlottesville
Sign Up. Show Up. Never give up.