Good News from the Resistance: This week, Resisters, we are going to play a new game, Corrupt, Stupid, or Just-Plain-Mean. Here’s how to play: When you see the name of a current or former member of 45’s Cabinet, your task is to slap a judgment on him/her as quickly as you can. You need to choose one, and only one option – Corrupt, Stupid, or Just-Plain-Mean, which is where the game gets difficult. If you can’t decide, click on the name, where we’ve embedded non-fake news to inform your judgment. You can play alone or with friends. The person with the fastest overall reaction time wins. (In the spirit of the times, there are no right or wrong answers. You are rewarded for acting quickly and impulsively). Ok, Resisters, get on your mark, get set, go:
Education Secretary (I’ve Never Visited an Underperforming School) DeVos; Housing and Urban Development Secretary (This Job is Harder than Brain Surgery) Carson; Environmental Protection Agency Secretary (First Class is Way Better than Coach ) Pruitt; Interior Secretary (Drill, Baby, Drill!) Zinke; Treasury Secretary (Doesn’t My Wife Look Hot Handling All of that Money?) Mnuchin; Attorney General (I ♡ Rosenstein) Sessions; Veterans Affairs Secretary (I 😠 My Staff) Shulkin; Health & Human Services Secretary (Private Planes Rock!) Price; Secretary of State (Gone, Baby Gone) Tillerson. Look for future editions of Corrupt, Stupid, or Just-Plain-Mean, as four members of 45’s Cabinet remain scandal-free. For now. (Extra credit: Name them).
Yes, it’s been the same old, same old, as members of 45’s swamp continued to resign and flee; the “Trump” brand was forcibly stripped from golf tee markers and another hotel; and a porn star tightened her vise around the president’s “reputation,” which may or may not be why he summoned Bill Clinton’s impeachment lawyer to the White House for a meet and greet.
This week, Good News seekers, we salute a few of our favorite Resisters who continue to surprise, delight, and inspire us with the many ways they delay, dilute, and defeat 45’s assault on the America we love. A big thank you to:
- Former GOP Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, for fighting Big Oil
- Utah state senator Jim Dabakis for proposing Stormy Daniels rampway
- ICE spokesman James Schwab for outing DHS’s lies
- Philando Castile, R.I.P., who continues to feed children
- 79-year old Congresswoman Maxine Waters, for saying it out loud
- Anonymous Wikipedia contributor’s hilarious edit to “Invertebrate” (scroll down to photos)
- Secretaries of State who reject 45’s fascistic idea to “protect” the polls
- Take Action: Join an Anti-Gun School Walkout tomorrow (March 14)
Sign Up. Show Up. Never Give Up.