This week’s Good News from the Resistance: Congress is on recess, and the Resistance is on a roll. We’re dedicating this week’s report to Resisters across the country who continue to teach us This is What Democracy Looks Like.
- Find a Resistance Event near you: Read the Good News
- Watch Resisters in S.C. yell, “You lie!” at Rep. Joe Wilson Read the Good News
- Listen to Resisters in FL sing, “I Can’t Keep Quiet” Read the Good News
- See what Resistance looks like in a Blue State Read the Good News
- Applaud for the former Oklahoma Republican turned Resister Read the Good News
- Learn why 1,000s of Resisters rallied at the Dallas Mega March Read the Good News
- Thank these persistent Resisters in Ohio for showing up Read the Good News
WE SPRING RECESS RESISTANCE ACTIVITIES
Go to a Tax March on Saturday. Find a Town Hall, and listen to what your Member of Congress has to say; applaud if agree, and resist of if you don’t. Enter your zip code into this handy Resistance Guide and find Recess Week resistance activities near you.
WERESISTERS SCREAMING “YOU LIE!” AT JOE WILSON (R-SC)
Remember when that rude Congressman yelled “You Lie!” during President Obama’s 2009 Congressional address? This week his constituents gave him a taste of his own medicine.
WE THESE BEAUTIFUL RESISTERS SINGING “I CAN’T KEEP QUIET”
Representative Ted Yoho (R-FL) is met by singers in pink hats outside of his Town Hall, and hundreds of rowdy resisters inside. This is a textbook example of what resistance looks like.
WE THE 700+ RESISTERS THAT SHOWED UP TO HECKLE TOM McCLINTOCK (R-CA)
The Congressman representing one of the few California districts that voted for 45 hears from those who didn’t.
WE THE QUESTIONS OKLAHOMA RESISTERS ASKED THEIR SENATOR
Senator James Lankford (R-OK) is asked by a woman who identifies herself as former Republican, “How can we trust you?”
WETHE 1,000s OF RESISTERS WHO MARCHED IN DALLAS IN SUPPORT OF IMMIGRANTS
Organizers of this week’s “Dallas Mega March,” created the rally to protest 45’s racist executive executive orders and aggressive deportation policies.
WE THESE FOLKS FROM TOLEDO EXPLAINING WHY THEY RESIST
“I’m mad as hell, and I’m going to stick with this until our government starts working for us.”