Good News from the Resistance: This week, our Slacker-in-Chief pulled off an A+ imitation of Eddie Haskell (note to Millennials: look it up) as he read a lame, sappy speech to the nation, surrounded by powerful women and at least one snoozing namesake. Focused on a bogus “crisis” at the border, the nation’s Pretend CEO failed to address at least one real crisis: gun violence. Why? Because on that front, he had a piece of Bad News to report to his base of KKK enthusiasts, Duck Dynasty binge-watchers, Russian mobsters, and generous NRA enablers: Trump’s own Justice Department just banned bump stocks. Which is Good News for us.
There’s no denying it – the NRA is suffering from a Trump Slump. Gun sales are down, as is NRA membership revenue under its new president, Oliver North (yes, that Oliver North). NRA’s publicly available financial documents indicate it has been operating in the red for six of the last ten years; 2017’s $31.8 million deficit is the organization’s largest 10-year loss. During the midterms, for the first time in history gun control groups spent more than the belt-tightening NRA.
There’s likely to be more Good News. Gun control advocates had some big wins in the midterms, and now stricter gun laws are a top priority for emboldened House Democrats. We’re betting on more NRA losses.
One nagging question remains: Why hasn’t our Sycophant-in-Chief bragged about his success in pushing through the bump stock ban? Spy-girl Maria Butina is likely to know something about that. And we can’t wait to find out.
Yes, there’s even more Good News from the Resistance:
- Sing along to Randy Rainbow’s Cell Block Tango
- Be grateful you no longer have to pay for Congressional sexual harassers
- Remember Sarah Palin’s stupidity
- Thank Patagonia for donating its $10 million tax savings
- Learn how Montreal is protecting its homeless & their pets from the cold
- Check your DNA to see if you qualify for a free trip to Mexico
- Believe what feng shui masters predict is in store for Trump this year
- Cheer for the elephant seals that profited from the government shutdown
- Look at what the nation’s Teacher of the Year is up to now
- Take Action: How to participate in Feb. 11 Day of Action: Don’t Play Games with Our Lives
Sign Up. Show Up. Never Give Up.