Good News from the Resistance: It was another rollicking week for the Racist-Conman-Cheat squatting in the White House. Be honest: Did you find yourself siding with both a convicted felon/perjurer, and a ruthless dictator? Listening to Cohen spill the beans on the extent of the (you have to admit it) creative malfeasance of everyone in our Liar-in-Chief’s orbit, a warm, fuzzy sense of contentment flowed through me, with the realization that Thugs for Trump are finally losing.
Alpha Thugs like Cheeto-in-Chief, Donny Jr., Jared, and Pecker are being exposed, and trickle down, MAGA hat-wearing Common Man Thugs — who are easier to nab than the well-lawyered — are getting their comeuppance. A Cape Cod snowplow driver was fired for intentionally spraying piles of slush on anti-Trump protesters; an Alabama newspaper editor who encouraged the KKK to “ride again” was fired and replaced by a black woman; a GOP operative was indicted on absentee-ballot fraud in N.C., prompting an election re-do (in which the GOP candidate had “won”); the Florida Bar is investigating GOP Rep. Matt Gaetz for threatening Michael Cohen before his Congressional testimony; and in Colorado, the owner of a sporting goods store is going out-of-business after deciding to remove Nike products from his shelves in protest of the company’s support of Colin Kaepernick. “As much as I hate to admit this, perhaps there are more … Colin Kaepernick supporters out there than I realized,” the now defunct store’s owner complained.
The late rapper Tupac Shakur had a tattoo on his stomach: THUG LIFE. It was an acronym for The Hate U Give Little Infants Fu**s Everybody. Tupac’s THUG LIFE was a rallying cry for adults to stop filling kids’ minds with hate; what we teach our children comes back to affect us all. My hope is that when our National Nightmare is over, and the Alpha Thugs are all in jail, they’ll use some of their newfound spare time to listen to a little Tupac. And come to understand what THUG LIFE is really about.
Yes, there’s even more Good News from the Resistance:
- Cheer for this Border Wall transformation
- Get to know the black woman the GOP used as a prop at Cohen’s hearing
- Thank the Italians for creating this carnival float
- Be in awe of this Good News reader’s son Josh
- Learn a new word: Dragtavist
- Watch AOC explain campaign finance laws with the “Corruption Game”
- Visit this museum next time you’re in D.C.
- Look forward to learning the results of this Trump exam
- Clap for this adorable Wisconsin prodigy
- Take Action: Sign up to help refugees by joining the Overground Railroad
Sign Up. Show Up. Never Give Up.