Good News from the Resistance: Trump-enthusiast Roseanne Barr tweeted – while in an Ambien haze — that former Obama White House aide Valerie Jarrett was the love child of “the muslim brotherhood and planet of the apes,” and in response, the sleep medication manufacturer tweeted back, “racism is not a side effect of our drug.” The Good News? It took ABC’s African-American female president a nanosecond to cancel Barr’s show. Then Barr was dropped by uber-agent ICM. Icing on the cake? Hulu and Viacom will no longer show her reruns. Now that Roseanne’s nest egg is in jeopardy, will our Racist-in-Chief offer her a job as his Communications Director? Stayed tuned for the next episode of the nation’s favorite reality TV show, Whacko in the White House.
Meanwhile, our Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) file is overflowing with GOP lawmakers, and misguided deplorables trying desperately to touch our Slimer-in-Chief’s golden ring. Congressman Costello (R-PA) is leaving the House because “all I do is answer questions about Donald Trump,”; state Congressman Garrett (R-VA) stepped down after aides outed him for forcing them to pick up his laundry, groceries, and dog poop (his excuse? “I’m an alcoholic.”); GOP rising star Missouri Governor Greitens (and Ken doll look-alike) resigned in the midst of yet another sex scandal (ho hum, getting boooring).
As for those misguided deplorables? Novartis’s general counsel resigned for paying Fixer-in-Chief Michael Cohen $1.2 million for access to the White House (his excuse? “It was legal.”); Manafort’s son-in-law, who recently signed a deal with DOJ to cooperate with multiple criminal probes, is in the market for new lawyers, after his team called it quits over their client’s “lack of candor” and unpaid bills.
The most surprising Good News this week? After attending a classified briefing, Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said he fully supports Mueller’s investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election, including possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Moscow. And House Majority leader Kevin McCarthy said that Trump should not pardon himself. This is the strongest (only?) evidence to date that GOP leaders are indeed capable of evolving into vertebrates. Hey boys, Just Do It.
Here’s more Good News from the Resistance:
- Read this Mueller filing and know he’s not close to being done
- Thank the Pope for convening Big Oil and Big Money to address climate change
- Cheer for the judge that slapped down DeVos’s plan to support student loan fraud
- Plan to meet the March for our Lives bus tour when it stops in your town
- Know that Virginia and 33 other states have expanded Medicaid
- Applaud the Inauguration protestors who got arrested .. and finally cleared
- Laugh when you read about these beautiful Russia probe “martyrs”
- Applaud these Boston Public School valedictorians
- Take Action: Learn about and support Student Immigrant Movement
Sign Up. Show Up. Never Give Up.